Syracuse, N.Y. – Bankers Healthcare Group, a leading provider of financial solutions for healthcare professionals, is honoring 11 Central New York-based healthcare providers at the seventh annual Excellence in Healthcare Awards.
Held in collaboration with the Business Journal News Network and BizEventz, the Excellence in Healthcare Awards honor the region’s top individuals and organizations that make a positive impact on healthcare services. The ceremony takes place on Oct. 24 at the Oncenter in Syracuse.
“Congratulations to this year’s class of Excellence in Healthcare Award honorees,” said BHG original founder and Chairman/CEO Al Crawford. “We’re honored to recognize and celebrate the healthcare heroes who care for our community.”
This year’s A. John Merola Lifetime Achievement Award is being presented to Dr. Robert Dracker, MD, MHA, MBA, CPI of Summerwood Pediatrics. The prestigious award honors a local healthcare professional who makes an exceptional impact on the lives of patients. The award is named after Dr. A. John Merola, who was the inaugural recipient in 2015.
Dr. Dracker is the founder and Medical Director of Summerwood Pediatrics, a CNY-based healthcare center that services more than 30,000 patients. Born in Queens, N.Y., Dr. Dracker now presents worldwide on various topics regarding pediatric healthcare policies, stem cell therapy and clinical research. He is active in the CNY community, serving as a board member for organizations such as Multiple Sclerosis Resources, Charity for Children, and WCNY, the local PBS affiliate.
Other honorees include:
- Dentist of the Year: Jacob L. Revercomb, DDS, DICOI, of Revercomb Dental Group
- Healthcare Facilities of the Year: Masonic Care Community of New York and FamilyCare Medical Group, PC
- Innovations in Health Care: Restorative Care Unit at Loretto
- Nurse of the Year: Tara Falso, LPN,Syracuse Orthopedic Specialist
- Physical Therapist of the Year: Jill F. Gillette, PT, DPT, Liberty POST
- Physician of the Year: Sunny Aslam, MD, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Surgeon of the Year: Kara C. Kort, MD, FACS, St. Joseph’s Health
- Veterinarian of the Year: Paul F. Bookbinder, DVM, DACVS, Upstate Veterinary Surgical Center
- Volunteer of the Year: Caitlin Sgarlat-Deluca, DO, MSc, Make-A-Wish Central New York
Full event details can be found online: https://www.cnybj.com/2018-excellence-in-healthcare-awards/
About Bankers Healthcare Group
Bankers Healthcare Group provides innovative, hassle-free financial solutions to healthcare professionals. Since 2001, BHG has provided more than $3.8 billion in financial solutions to satisfied customers nationwide and worked with over 110,000 practitioners. BHG is proud to maintain partnerships with leading healthcare industry associations, and is recognized regionally and nationally for innovation, continued growth, and being a best place to work. BHG is partially owned by Pinnacle Financial Partners. To learn more, visit www.bankershealthcaregroup.com, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.