Bankers Healthcare Group, a leading provider of innovative financing solutions for healthcare professionals, was the presenting sponsor at the 2014 Excellence in Healthcare awards, held in conjunction with the Central New York Business Journal News Network and BizEventz on Thursday, October 16.
Bringing together individuals and organizations that have made a significant impact on healthcare and services in Central New York, the Mohawk Valley, the Finger Lakes, Greater Binghamton and the North Country, the awards event honors those who set a superior example for providing quality healthcare to their communities. BHG has sponsored the awards since 2012.
“As a lender that works exclusively with healthcare professionals, we get a chance every day to admire their character and hard work, ” said Al Crawford, CEO of BHG. “We take this opportunity to show off the exceptional healthcare professionals in our area.” Scott Brennan, Vice President of Business Development at BHG, presented the awards to the honorees at the Lodge at Welch Allyn on Thursday evening.
Below are listed the honorees and categories:
- Crouse Community Center, Valley Health Services: Healthcare Facilities of the Year
- 3Pound Health, LLC, Penny Abulencia: Innovations in Health Care
- Amit Dhamoon, M.D., Ph.D., Karen Beckman, M.D.: Physicians of the Year
- Joel Delaney: Physician Assistant of the Year
- Travis DeBois: Nurse of the Year
- Jessica Patterson: Healthcare Volunteer of the Year
- Health Alliance Physician Organization, Healthy Syracuse Coalition and Research & Marketing Strategies (RMS): Community Partners/Advocates of the Year
- Richard Konys, Jr., D.M.D.: Dentist of the Year